Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/11400/11374
Title: Main phospholipids and their fatty acid composition in muscle and cephalothorax of the edible Mediterranean crustacean Palinurus vulgaris (spiny lobster)
Authors: Γαροφαλάκη, Θεοδοσία
Μηνιάδου - Μεϊμάρογλου, Σοφία
Σινάνογλου, Βασιλεία
Item type: Journal article
Keywords: Crustaceans;Οστρακόδερμα;Fatty acids;Lipids;Phospholipids;Ψάρια;Αστακός;Fish;Λιπαρά οξέα;Λιπίδια;Φωσφολιπίδια
Subjects: Food
Food technology
Τροφή
Τεχνολογία τροφίμων
Issue Date: 28-May-2015
Date of availability: 28-May-2015
Publisher: Elsevier
Abstract: The total lipids of muscle and cephalothorax of Mediterranean lobster Palinurus vulgaris were found to be 1.0% and 2.4% of the wet tissue of which the phospholipids represented 66.5% and 47.5%, respectively. The main PhL saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids in muscle and cephalothorax were C16:0, C18:0, C18:1ω-9, C18:1ω-7, C20:4ω-6, C20:5ω-3 and C22:6ω-3. 2-OH C14:0 and cyclo-17:0 fatty acids were also identified though in low percentages. The main individual PhL in muscle were found to be phosphatidylcholine (53.5%), 72.0% of which corresponded to the structure of 1,2-diacyl-glycerocholine while the rest 28.0% to 1-O-alkyl-2-acyl-glycerocholine or 1-O-(1-alkenyl)-2-acyl-glycerocholine and phosphatidylethanolamine (19.3%), 75.0% of which corresponded to the structure of 1,2-diacyl-glyceroethanolamine and 25% to 1-O-alkyl-2-acyl-glyceroethanolamine or 1-O-(1-alkenyl)-2-acyl-glyceroethanolamine. Cephalothorax main PhL were found to be PC and PE (66.4% and 18.8%, respectively). In muscle and cephalothorax PC ω-3 fatty acids amounted 7.78% and 8.60%, while in PE amounted 30.77% and 23.65% respectively. Furthermore, in both tissues PhL, cardiolipine phosphatidylserine, phosphatidylinositol, sphingomyelin and lysophosphatidylcholine, were also found.
Citation: Garofalaki, T., Miniadis-Meimaroglou, S.and Sinanoglou, V. (2006) Main phospholipids and their fatty acid composition in muscle and cephalothorax of the edible Mediterranean crustacean Palinurus vulgaris (spiny lobster). "Chemistry and Physics of Lipids", 140 (1-2), p.55-65
Journal: Chemistry and Physics of Lipids
Type of Journal: With a review process (peer review)
Access scheme: Publicly accessible
License: Αναφορά Δημιουργού-Μη Εμπορική Χρήση-Όχι Παράγωγα Έργα 3.0 Ηνωμένες Πολιτείες
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/11400/11374
Appears in Collections:Δημοσιεύσεις

Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.


This item is licensed under a Creative Commons License Creative Commons